Hello, my name is Irene Stone
I am a fully qualified counsellor (BA Hons) and nlp coach with over 15 years of experience helping people break through limiting thought patterns and behaviours that keep them dissatisfied with their lives. Besides working in my private practice in Lightwater, I am also a core member of the Brunel University London Counselling service, working with students and staff on a one-to-one basis as well as offering stress management workshops.
Sometimes we find ourselves in stressful situations, at work or at home, that feel too difficult to handle alone. I focus on increasing awareness and understanding of patterns that are keeping you feeling stuck and offer the opportunity to address these problems in a direct, effective, and supportive manner. The goal is to bring forth your best self in order to create a more genuine and passionate life.
I work with a wide range of individuals including those who experience anxiety, depression and struggle with tolerating and managing difficult emotions to those who are in need of direction in their lives at home or at work.
I would be very happy to start our work together with a free phone consultation where you can let me know your reasons for calling, your expectations of working with me and ask any questions you might have about how I work.
Membership of professional bodies:
As an accredited member of the BACP, I am bound by its Ethical Framework for Good Practice. And as a cognitive hypnotherapist and member of the CNHC I also abide by their code of conduct, ethics and performance.
In accordance with these professional requirements and to maintain good practice I undergo regular supervision to support all my clinical work.
I hold a current DBS check UK wide.
In previous years I have worked in the following settings as a counsellor and group facilitator:
- EAR (Employee Assistance Program) – clinical team leader
- Metanoia Counselling & Psychotherapy Service – counsellor for face to face individual work
- Woman’s Trust – face to face and group counselling for survivors of domestic violence
- The Genesis Project – group facilitation
- The Mulberry Centre – counselling for cancer sufferers and their family members and the bereaved
- Ealing Abbey Counselling Service – counsellor for face to face counselling and group facilitation
- EASE (Empowering Action & Social Esteem) – teaching counselling skills to buddies of survivors of domestic violence
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS
- BA (Hons) Person Centred Counselling Metanoia Institute (validated by Middlesex University)
- Certificate in Couples Counselling
- Certificate in Supervision
- Certificate in Trauma Work
- Use of Humour in the Counselling Relationship
- Domestic Violence Training
- Eating Disorders
- Relational Depth
- Shame and Actualisation
- Fragile, dissociated and Psychotic Process
- Masterclass on Working at Relational Depth in
- Counselling Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Cognitive Hypnotherapy
- NLP Master Practitioner