I am a BACP accredited Counsellor, Supervisor and Cognitive Hypnotherapist/NLP coach. I trained at the Metanoia Institute and attained a BA (Hons) in person centred counselling (Middlesex University) and have worked with individuals, couples, groups and supervisees since 2002.
I run a private practice in Lightwater, Surrey, where I see individuals and supervisees for face-to-face sessions. I also work via phone and conduct on-line sessions if my clients prefer to work with me from the comfort of their homes and/or if they are clients from mainland Europe.
Other work settings:
Brunel University London: Besides my private practice I work as a core counsellor for the Brunel University Counselling Service in Uxbridge since 2009, in the following settings:
- individual counsellor for students and staff
- facilitator for workshops and groups (Stress Management, Life Skills)
- supervisor for associate counsellors and trainee counsellors on placements
Cognitive Hypnotherapy and NLP Coaching: Since 2014 I am a fully qualified Cognitive Hypnotherapist and NLP Practitioner having attained my diploma from The The Quest Institute at Regent’s University London and offer my services at the Cognitive Hypnotherapy Practice in Surrey.
Membership of professional bodies:
As an accredited member of the BACP, I am bound by its Ethical Framework for Good Practice. And as a cognitive hypnotherapist and member of the CNHC I also abide by their code of conduct, ethics and performance.
In accordance with these professional requirements and to maintain good practice I undergo regular supervision to support all my clinical work.
I hold a current DBS check UK wide.
In previous years I have worked in the following settings as a counsellor and group facilitator:
- EAR (Employee Assistance Program) – clinical team leader
- Metanoia Counselling & Psychotherapy Service – counsellor for face to face individual work
- Woman’s Trust – face to face and group counselling for survivors of domestic violence
- The Genesis Project – group facilitation
- The Mulberry Centre – counselling for cancer sufferers and their family members and the bereaved
- Ealing Abbey Counselling Service – counsellor for face to face counselling and group facilitation
- EASE (Empowering Action & Social Esteem) – teaching counselling skills to buddies of survivors of domestic violence
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS
- BA (Hons) Person Centred Counselling Metanoia Institute (validated by Middlesex University)
- Certificate in Couples Counselling
- Certificate in Supervision
- Certificate in Trauma Work
- Use of Humour in the Counselling Relationship
- Domestic Violence Training
- Eating Disorders
- Relational Depth
- Shame and Actualisation
- Fragile, dissociated and Psychotic Process
- Masterclass on Working at Relational Depth in
- Counselling Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Cognitive Hypnotherapy
- NLP Master Practitioner